Saturday, 31 March 2012

Damaged Damsel












Liverpool girl with the beautiful hair,
that glitters and shimmers,

golden in the morning air. 
Blue green eyes,
sparkle,
so clear,
reminding me of the Caribbean sea.
Yet silently you weep.
Such a sad sweet little girl. 
Just needing to be loved.
Wanting to belong.
Great sadness hidden deep.
Behind such a glorious smile.
Body of a woman. 
Soul of an innocent child.
My pity you don't need.
So I give you my time.
Protect your mind.
Don’t reward him with your demise.
That is something I truly would despise.
This is your moment.
Your precious time.
Allow yourself to blossom,
to let yourself shine. 
Take that wonderful sense of fun.
And run.





10 comments:

  1. What a lovely thoughtful poem.
    I went all goose bumply..

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, you have captured her beautifully, lets hope she can learn to fly once more

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I hope she likes it .. and it gives her strength xx Thank you for taking the time to comment xx

      Delete
  3. I think she did, and that is why we all love her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth that is so beautifull, has really touched me,with friends like I you and the MC Crew how could I not get through, and I will xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you like it .. Its funny when somebody inspires a poem ... you are never quite sure whether to tell them incase they hate it .. giggle ..
      But you know it was meant with warmth and we are all there for you .. looking forward to seeing you again soon xxx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes this is one of my favourites too xx

      Delete